Volvo Financial Services has been certified as Great Place to Work in 2016. The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
The Inside Sales Manager (ISM) is tasked with providing expertise and leadership for the Inside Sales department within the Truck Channel. This role includes responsibility for developing and coaching the inside sales team to drive channel KPI achievement, managing the channel pricing process and team, driving lead generation and tracking, overseeing CRM system support, along with continued investigation of opportunities for improved productivity and performance within the truck sales channel in order to support all sales objectives and goals. In order to support the Company’s mission to be the premier captive finance company in the United States, the Inside Sales Manager ensures all inside sales and sales support activities promote the VFS value proposition. The selected candidate will report to the Vice President – Truck Financial Services within Volvo Financial Services USA at our US Headquarters office in Greensboro, NC.
By providing leadership to the Inside Sales and Pricing team, the ISM coaches and manages staff in all areas of sales support related to Truck Financial Services. More specifically, the ISM will:
- Oversee the entire truck channel pricing process throughout retail origination as well as manage and lead all pricing related initiatives
- Manage, lead and direct the Pricing Analyst team
- Direct and participate in the development of pricing infrastructure and process change and development, including procedures as well as identification and implementation of required system enhancements
- Interface with channel leadership and Finance to continually develop and maintain the overall pricing and rate concession policy
- Assist in the development and build of monthly pricing matrices as well as facilitating pricing meetings with Sales Management, Finance and Capital Markets representatives as needed
- Oversee, own and manage the Sales CRM system to include direction of internal usage as well as development of external usage requirements and protocol development and best practice sharing
- Develop and oversee NATLG / DALCO growth and retention strategies for the truck channel, working closely with Wholesale Credit and Operations as well as Truck Sales Management and Business Development Manager
- Manage, lead and direct NATLG / DALCO Business Development team to support and develop the overall NATLG sales approach including but not limited to attending strategic meetings, setting goals, developing programs, participating in trade shows and dealer / member travel
- Manage, lead and direct the Inside Sales Specialist team to ensure appropriate activity is occurring to drive achievement of channel objectives including key dealer activity to drive increased finance volume, penetration, application pull-through and book-to-approve ratios
- Oversee all administrative functions for Sales organization including pipeline management of potential sales, as well as key dealer activity as required by Sales Management
- Ensure sales reporting processes and outputs are efficient and accurate in order to facilitate informed decision making on pricing and transaction decisions as well as to provide accurate monthly projections to Finance
- Provides support and backup where needed to the VP Truck Financial Services, Regional Sales Managers and Business Development Manager as needed and on key projects
Education and Experience Required:
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- 10+ years sales and business development experience, preferably in financial services, transportation or heavy equipment
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience
- Exceptional finance and business acumen and experience
- Strong understanding of sales, credit and operational aspects of the financial services industry and dealership environment
- Proven experience including problem solving, research and analysis
- Effective level of ambition and ability to understand team and corporate objectives
- Work experience measuring quality, efficiency and process improvement desired
- Work experience and proficiency in working with a CRM system
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
- Expert level with Microsoft Office; especially Excel
- Direct experience working in a professional environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued.
Required Competencies and Skills:
Managers at the Leading People level in Volvo Group are required to meet or develop to the “skilled level” for the following leadership competencies:
- Customer focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and colleagues and gains their trust and respect
- Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions and shares both responsibility and accountability while trusting people to perform. Inspires others to be action oriented and maintain motivation. Holds individuals accountable for results
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments, holds frequent development discussions and is aware of each person’s career goals. Works with performance issues in a consistent manner.
- Directing Others: Establishes clear direction and lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner. Maintains two-way dialogue with others on their work and results. Brings out the best in people. Inspires others and promotes team building
- Managing Diversity: Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably and deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and genders while supporting equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all
- Fairness to Direct Reports: Acts fairly and has candid discussions without a hidden agenda, never gives preferential treatment
- Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization and so that they can make accurate and timely decisions
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted and seen as a direct, truthful individual who keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Never misrepresents him/herself for personal gain
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems and is a relentless and versatile learner who is open to change and quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish and seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal. Creates focus for the team and eliminates roadblocks
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is constantly and consistently a top performer who steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself and understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches
Interested Candidates – Apply Here!
Volvo Financial Services has been certified as Great Place to Work in 2016.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer