Regional Sales Manager- Construction Equipment Finance
Date Posted: January 7, 2019
Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Co., Ltd.(SMFL) – This position is responsible for originating new business volume through the relationship with dealers, manufacturers, and end users.
**Covered Area – Upper Midwest**
- Developing leads through phone calls, emails, and networking. Ability to develop new relationships with dealers, manufacturers and end users.
- From leads, identify opportunities that fit our business model/scheme and from those opportunities, make proposals and secure business.
- Write proposals, make quotes and communicate effectively with equipment dealers and end users.
- Negotiate terms consistent with SMFL policies and procedures.
- Close business effectively.
- Use of laptop computer – MS Suite of products plus TValue and use FIS AAF lease management system.
- Communicate effectively and professionally (core sales techniques), ability to develop new relationships with dealers, manufacturer and end users.
- Strong negotiation skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of lease pricing, negotiation, and closing transactions. (closing on terms that favor SMFL)
- Knowledge and understanding of credit issues including technical ability to analyze and interpret financial statements. Knowledge of credit scoring criteria
- Proficiency with our core systems (FIS Lease Management system, TValue, White-Clark system, plus Microsoft Suite)
- English (required), Spanish is a plus.
- Proficient in use of HP 12B or similar calculator for making lease and loan calculations.
- Basic knowledge of word, excel, powerpoint.
Required (air, train and auto) to travel on the regular basis to see the customers (dealers and end users) – domestic only.
Will be requested to work out of a home office.
Please apply directly online through our careers site at https://careers-smbcgroup.icims.com/jobs .