Vice President – Tax
Date Posted: August 31, 2018
Join the Ascent!
Ascentium Capital has funded over $4 billion since 2011 and is the largest private independent finance company in funded new business volume. Ascentium is in growth-mode, actively recruiting for a Vice President of Tax to work in our Kingwood, Texas corporate headquarters. We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 3 years of with financial services, preferably leasing and/or banking environment, familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current business trends and regulations, respectively. We would prefer a CPA with big 4 or next 4 experience. The Vice President of Tax will direct and manage tax planning and compliance on a company-wide basis, including federal and state income tax, state property and state use taxes.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Report to the Corporate Controller and supervise initial staff of one. Work closely with line of business operations. Primary responsibility for tax compliance activities.
- Performs periodic follow-up on all material accounts and interacts with Treasury, IT and Operations on all taxation matters. Ensures timely and accurate state filings.
- Strong financial modeling skills preferred.
- Experience with Leasewave / Odessa a strong plus.
- Recommends and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet company objectives.
- Provides operational and strategic leadership and support on the evaluation of potential issues affecting the business. Supervises daily taxation activities of staff and provides leadership on all tax issues.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Needs to be independent and disciplined and able to set own agenda with minimal supervision. Must be a good communicator – in all directions.
- Leads and works with IT in systems implementations in coordination with key vendors.
- Familiarity with USGAAP and tax planning strategies is helpful.
- Provides leadership towards value-added activities in support of company excellence, while fostering teamwork between the tax, accounting and all other company areas.
Specific Job Skill Requirements:
- Strong technical knowledge of tax principles, operations, practices, procedures and systems. Ability to coordinate with third party service providers.
- Knowledge of lease and loan accounting principles and cashflows highly preferred.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems and develop practical solutions.
- Good business-related oral and written communication skills with all levels of people within and outside the company.
- Capable of being assigned and assigning specific projects and goals and monitoring projects for completion within expected time frames.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability and willingness to meet deadlines – a “can do attitude” that takes responsibility.
- Problem solving skills in a calm professional manner.
- Ability to work well with a wide diversity of people.
- High degree of flexibility to react to an environment of growth and change.
- Very proficient in office automation, accounting systems, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook required.
- Proficiencies in data mining, Leasewave/Odessa, Outlink 20/20 General Ledger, LeasePlus, and databases.
Education And/Or Experience:
- CPA preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in financial services, preferably in financial institutions, finance companies or lease companies. Two or more years experience in a position of similar responsibilities.
- Additional education may be substituted for some experience.
- Exposure to investor accounting, off-balance sheet financing, hedge accounting and accounting for multiple legal entities highly referred.
To apply for this opportunity or to learn about our exciting careers, please visit www.AscentiumCapital.com/Careers.
Ascentium Capital: Where the best belong.