Volvo Financial Services (VFS) has been certified as a Great Place to Work® in the USA since 2016. VFS is the captive finance company for the Volvo Group. The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment, drives systems for marine and industrial applications, and is the world’s leading producer of heavy-diesel engines. Volvo Financial Services provides a full range of financial services for the construction equipment, truck and bus industries. Our team has over 1400 professionals in 48 countries around the world.
The Senior Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for volume and finance penetration of targeted Mack and Volvo dealers through a value-added, relationship building sales techniques. They will support Regional Sales Managers and District Finance Managers to enhance the VFS experience. They will also be responsible for assisting internal and external stakeholders by supporting the best possible service. This blended role reports to the Inside Sales Manager and is either located in our Greensboro, North Carolina office or from a home office in the field as it may include a specific field District or Region to support with regular travel outside the main office within a Region. They work in a team environment and have daily interaction with other departments, the Truck Field Sales Team and Volvo and Mack Dealers.
- Meets or exceeds established quotas for volume and financial penetration for given territory.
- Develops actionable and measurable territory plans to achieve targeted goals.
- Develops strong support relationships with Mack and Volvo Truck Dealer Sales and F&I Representatives
- Effectively manages the overall territory through analysis of potential dealer and customer opportunities.
- Directly contacts and interacts with Volvo and Mack Truck field and support representatives to ensure that Volvo/Mack Financial Services is supporting the effort and strategy of the OEMs.
- Tracks and enters sales activities, plans, progress and results into Salesforce.com.
- Manages lead development, sales pricing, deal pipeline, analysis for given region and dealers.
- Works closely in conjunction with appropriate District Finance Managers (DFMs) to ensure targeted dealers are managed in a collaborative way in order to maximize efficiency, relationship and transaction close rate
- Works collectively with internal departments to achieve maximum results for customer and VFS.
- Assists DFMs in the development and growth of VFS finance penetration for the North American Truck Leasing Group
- Supports and communicates with dealers, OEM and customer contacts, as well as quote finance proposals, and assist in gathering financial information and profile data for transaction submittals in close connection with DFMs
- Consistently interacts with DFMs and Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) in order to ensure appropriate activity on assigned leads, transactions and relationship support is accomplished; especially on complex deals
- Reviews proposals with Dealer F&I Managers or Sales Representatives as well as end user customers to increase VFS transaction close probability
- Provides general transaction support to the field sales organization in order to decrease the selling cycle time
- Provides support to manager, RSMs and VP Truck Sales as needed on other assigned key projects
Education and Experience Required:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience preferred in selling financial products or managing a credit portfolio, direct sales, or sales management.
- Strong understanding of credit and/or operational aspects of the financial services industry and dealership environment is required
- Proven business acumen through work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CreditPath, TransAction, and/or SuperTrump a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM tool a plus
- Proven experience including problem-solving, research and analysis including strong analytical and quantitative statistical abilities including strong data manipulation skills
- Effective level of ambition and ability to understand team and corporate objectives
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English; additional languages a plus
- Direct experience working in a professional environment where sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 48 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Interested Candidates – Apply Here – Inside Sales Specialist II – 94647BR!
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer