Senior Sales / Indirect
Vice President / Senior Vice President
Date Posted: September 12, 2018
Position can be based across the U.S.
Wintrust Commercial Finance (WCF), a division of Wintrust Financial Corporation, is looking for an experienced candidate for Vice President or Senior Vice President of Indirect Originations, depending upon relevant experience. This position will be primarily responsible for the origination of equipment loan and lease transactions from intermediaries. WCF provides highly sophisticated finance and lease products to commercial enterprises throughout the United States in a wide range of industries. Successful candidates for the VP-level position will have at least 5 years of originating transactions through financial intermediaries, primarily in the large ticket equipment finance marketplace. Successful candidates for an SVP-level position will have at least 10 years of originating transactions through financial intermediaries, primarily in the large ticket equipment finance marketplace.
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a financial services holding company based in Rosemont, Illinois, with assets nearing $30 billion. Wintrust Financial Corporation is publically traded under the symbol WTFC.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Head of Capital Markets located in Wintrust Commercial Finance headquarters in Frisco, TX.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S..
- Ability to source and close transactions through a broad network of intermediaries.
- Lead structure, pricing and documentation negotiations with sources.
- Conduct independent evaluation of all aspects of potential transactions.
- Conduct industry, business, and collateral research.
- Utilize salesforce to track and report business activity, create marketing tools and business development campaigns.
- Work closely with internal teams including Legal, Operations, Risk and Asset Management on deal execution processes.
- Prepare thorough transaction qualifying summaries with recommendations that exhibit thoughtful and well-reasoned decisions.
- Work closely with entire WCF team to provide feedback and market intelligence.
- Be the face of WCF to the marketplace. Be active in relevant trade associations.
- Perform customer collections and work out activities, as necessary.
- Adhere to established WCF policies and procedures.
- Candidate should possess at least 5-10 years of relevant bank or finance company experience.
- Verifiable track record of success. Strong and verifiable relationships with a wide variety of intermediaries.
- Confident self-starter with ability to manage multiple transactions and documentation closings under time constraints.
- Attention to detail with demonstrated ability to accurately analyze financial information and make well-reasoned business decisions.
- Ability to accurately communicate results of credit analysis in a complete and concise manner, both written and verbal.
- In depth knowledge of loan and lease documentation and lien perfection. Ability to effectively negotiate documentation issues with customers and internal or outside counsel.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with business people at all levels.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and willing to take initiative.
- Skilled at conducting business research.
- Proficient using Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, TValue, Capital IQ and SuperTrump.
- Detailed understanding of SalesForce.
- Bachelor’s degree required, course of study to include substantial exposure to finance, accounting and economics.
- Masters of Business Administration preferred.
To learn more about Wintrust, please visit our website at https://wintrust.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1801245&lang=en#.W5krGG9E_2E.mailto.
Interested parties should apply via email at email@example.com or contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.