Escorts, Japan’s Tadano Ink JV to Make High Capacity Mobile Cranes

Farm and construction equipment maker Escorts plans to set up a joint venture with Tadano to manufacturer rough terrain and truck mounted cranes in Japan.

“The venture with Tadano Group is a step towards catering to the market demand for smarter, safer and bigger mechanized infrastructure solutions in the higher tonnage category,” said Chairman and Managing Director Nikhil Nanda. “Escorts has a strong technology legacy and diversified portfolio in construction equipment market and Tadano has a proven global technology and together we will cater to India and other growing economies.”

Tadano, which is Japan’s largest mobile crane manufacturer, would hold a 51% stake in the venture, with Escorts chipping in with the remaining 49%. The venture would cater to an expanding market in the 20 to 80 tonnage category. Production is expected to commence at Faridabad in Q3/18.

Tadano President and CEO Koichi Tadano said the venture would initially focus on the domestic market and later could look at exporting to other markets.

The rough terrain and truck mounted cranes cater to big construction companies servicing oil refineries, metro rail projects, smart city construction, solar power projects and ports among others.

Like this story? Begin each business day with news you need to know! Click here to register now for our FREE Daily E-News Broadcast and start YOUR day informed!

Leave a comment

View Latest Digital Edition

Terry Mulreany
Subscriptions: 800 708 9373 x130
[email protected]
Susie Angelucci
Advertising: 484.459.3016
[email protected]

View Latest Digital Edition

Visit our sister website for news, information, exclusive articles,
deal tables and more on the asset-based lending, factoring,
and restructuring industries.