Ritchie Bros. Sells $114MM in Equipment in Recent Auctions in Texas and Alberta



Last week, Ritchie Bros. held 24 online auctions across the globe, selling more than 34,000 equipment items over six days. The two largest of these events took place in Edmonton, AB, and Houston, where Ritchie Bros. sold a combined $114 million of equipment online for approximately 1,800 consignors.

The Houston auction was held from June 21 to June 23 and attracted more than 10,000 online bidders for the more than 5,900 items consigned, with buyers from Texas purchasing approximately 48% of the equipment. Specific sales highlights included a 2013 Link-Belt RTC80110 110-ton rough terrain crane that sold for $305,000; a 2018 Caterpillar D6T dozer that sold for $255,000; and two 2020 Peterbilt 567 6×4 truck tractors that sold for $240,000 each. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices. Approximately 700 companies sold equipment in the three-day Houston auction.

“Our Houston yard was very busy leading up to the auction with customers inspecting, testing and comparing items prior to bidding online,” Chuck Roberson, regional sales manager for Ritchie Bros., said “As expected, we continue to drive strong pricing for late-model, low-hour equipment and trucks, resulting in a lot of happy consignors.”

“When you work with Ritchie Bros. everything is first class,” Cortney Laney, vice president and COO for MDS Boring & Drilling, said. “They have the best marketing, reach the most buyers and will get you the most money for your equipment. We sold more than 450 items in last week’s Houston auction and were extremely happy with the results. I’d like to thank Ritchie Bros. and its employees for their professionalism throughout the entire consignment process — they were so friendly, polite and respectful.”

From June 22 to June 24, Ritchie Bros. sold approximately 7,000 items from its Edmonton, AB, auction site and attracted more than 12,300 online bidders from 43 countries. Approximately 60% of the equipment in the more than $51 million auction was sold to Alberta buyers, while the remaining 40% was sold to buyers from countries such as Australia, Belize and Morocco.

“Our June Edmonton auction is a quick turnaround from our May event, as we empty and refill the yard in just six weeks,” Andrew Lutic, regional sales manager for Ritchie Bros., said. “Our operations team has done an absolutely amazing job coordinating the event, while our auctioneers dug for every last dollar, resulting in strong pricing for dozers, excavators, articulated dump trucks and most other equipment categories.”

Sales highlights from the Edmonton auction included a 2015 Caterpillar 988K wheel loader that sold for more than $468,000; a 2009 Caterpillar D8T that sold for $429,000; and five 2018 Caterpillar 745 articulated dump trucks that sold for more than $274,000 each.

Auction Houston (June 21 – 23, 2022) Edmonton (June 22 – 24, 2022)
Gross Transaction Value More than $63 million More than $51 million
Items Sold More than 5,900 More than 7,000
Bidders More than 10,600 More than 12,300
Consignors More than 695 More than 1,12

 

Leave a comment

View Latest Digital Edition

Terry Mulreany
Subscriptions: 800 708 9373 x130
terry.mulreany@monitordaily.com
Susie Angelucci
Advertising: 484.459.3016
susie.angelucci@monitordaily.com

View Latest Digital Edition

Visit our sister website for news, information, exclusive articles,
deal tables and more on the asset-based lending, factoring,
and restructuring industries.
www.abfjournal.com