Equipment Finance Sales Officer – Bank Direct Mid-Market Originations
Date Posted: December 29, 2023
Greater Philadelphia Area, Southern New Jersey
Our client is a Top 10 private independent finance company and is seeking to hire an Equipment Finance Sales Officer (EFSO) to support their program with an established $13B bank based in NJ covering their Mid-Atlantic market from Philadelphia to Washington D.C. Our client company establishes bespoke private label turnkey Equipment Finance & Leasing (EFL) businesses within partner banks via exclusive multi-year program agreements.
The EFSO is an individual-contributor sales production role responsible for originating and managing EFL business with end-user middle-market companies for equipment financing opportunities from $501 thousand to $20 million+. The role is twofold: (1) work with program assigned bankers in a defined geographical area to identify, transact, and close EFL opportunities within the bank’s end-user client base; and (2) diligently prospect, develop, and originate direct EFL business with prospective end-user mid-market commercial clients and refer those clients to the appropriate banker for a potentially deeper banking relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with assigned bankers, their management, and their clients.
- Drive the growth and profitability of the bank’s lending portfolio via origination of EFL transactions
- Regular and consistent participation in periodic banker meetings and events
- Leverage your market knowledge, experience, contacts, and resources to establish prospecting lists with a higher probability of successfully closing EFL business
- Disciplined and consistent new business prospecting activity strategy and implementation
- Develop Center of Influence (COI) referral sources to support new business prospecting efforts
- Work cooperatively with Auxilior functional support staff in credit, documentation, operations, and legal to facilitate closing of transactions.
- Utilize our CRM software to manage EFL opportunity pipeline reporting and forecasting
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ work experience, preferably in a financial services sales production role
- Preference for 5+ years of end-user direct capital equipment finance & leasing sales experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND COMPETENTCIES:
- Expert equipment finance & leasing sales, relationship management, and new business development skills
- Ability to read and understand financial statements including calculating basic ratios
- Good working knowledge of equipment leasing products and how to position their potential accounting, tax, and equipment management benefits to prospective clients
- Knowledge of key capital equipment classes such as construction, transportation, and manufacturing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Generous base salary and uncapped commission plan
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Generous paid time off and holidays
To inquire about this position, please contact:
Scott Preiser SVP-Client Partner/Recruiter Molloy Associates
[email protected] PH:561-334-6870